Saturday, March 13, 2010

Precious Gabby

The acting skills of these women are off the chart.  Gabby is incredible as Clarissa Precious Jones.  Her silences speak loud and clear the thoughts of the character.  The directing is fresh and layered.  The screen play and camera work are lively and move the story along.  You don't have a moment to dwell on the pain and misery of this story.  Mo'nique, the funny woman and TV host, made me hate her character.  But even my hatred was not allowed to last.  She is a victim and pitiful mass of a woman.  Why didn't she protect her baby girl from her boy friend?  The lack of self-esteem and pride saturated the interaction between mom and daughter.  But somehow Precious floats above it all.  She escapes into her fantasy world.

Would I recommend it to others?  I don't know.  Ask me tomorrow.  I just finished watching it about 10 minutes ago.

ds

No comments: